Our little sweetheart is ONE! I can't believe how the time has flown! It is absolutely crazy! We have thoroughly enjoyed this past year as we've watched Jax change from a tiny little newborn to a spunky, happy, on-the-go kiddo.
Mark thinks I went a little overboard, but we celebrated not just once but three (four if you count just our little family) times! I really enjoyed preparing things for his Airplane-themed celebrations and if you ask me, the more parties the better. ;)
The first celebration was in AZ with Mark's family. We had some banana cupcakes and sang to the little cutie. Since Jax loves bananas, I was surprised that he didn't dig in to the banana cake--maybe babies don't like cream cheese frosting as much as I do...? Anyway, we definitely HADN'T eaten enough over Thanksgiving so we needed to have another reason to have treats. ha ha!
On Sugar's actual birthday, I wanted it to be a laid-back day at home with no parties so that I wasn't focused on the party instead of him. This was a suggestion from my sister and I think it's a great one. I really enjoyed the day with him. He had bananas for breakfast--his favorite. We went to Target to purchase a church outfit for the little man and then the mall after for a photo with Santa. We had lunch at the mall with our friends and then headed home for the afternoon nap. In the evening after dad got home from work, we just played and hung out. It was pretty good weather so we let Jax play outside for a bit, something he thoroughly enjoys. He opened up a couple of gifts from us outside then we sang to him and let him eat a yummy mini-lemon cake. (He liked this one much better, I think). It was a great day!!!
The second formal celebration was at our house with Jax's little buddies
and their families. We had brunch-esque type items--parfait bar,
muffins (my homemade poppy seed didn't quite go how I
wanted..shame...but the store-bought blueberry were a hit), powdered
donut-kabobs, Costco's lemon bites (YUM), and some baby snacks. It was
so much fun to have all of the babies playing and interacting. We are
so thankful for our friends! Jax received lots of darling and fun
gifts. Thank you!
It was pretty funny trying to get all of these munchkins to stay put for a photo. :) If you're wondering, the "duh" look on their faces is due to all of the parents making weird faces and silly noises trying to get them to smile. ha ha! :)
(P.S. I'm sorta ticked...I can't find all of the pictures I took of the food, adults, or of Jax indulging in his #2 b-day cake!!!!....grr...for no real good reason, I'm blaming this on Mark....yeah...new year's resolution...be a nicer wife. As soon as I find the pictures, I will add them to the post).
Party numero tres was in Hawaii at the
Tripp's house (Post coming soon: Christmas in Paradise). This party was
celebrated with my side of the family. We went with banana splits for
this one.
It was WONDERFUL to celebrate our little miracle and his one year of life with most of our family members and friends!!!

1 comment:
I sure love that kid! He is a doll! Seems like he's always been around... know what I mean?
And I love your airplane cupcakes... so cute!
Post a Comment