12.02.2012

Counting Blessings...

We were thrilled to spend Thanksgiving this year in Arizona with Mark's family.  Scott and Kels were the gracious hosts.  Thank you!  We had a blast! 
 We played the Kinect for the first time and had a great time with it.  I think every night we laid in bed realizing our muscles were getting more sore as the time wore on.  :)  We played an array of games from river rafting to tennis.  We even threw a little kung-fu in there.  I thought that was the hardest one and best workout.  And....I ended up being the boxing Champ (out of me and Mark only).  I had to add that little tid bit in there. 

 Another highlight was going shooting.  Here I am instructing the gents how to shoot properly.  Just kidding, they are giving me some instruction.  :)  Since doing some T-Giving shooting, Mark now consistently talks about purchasing another gun.  Kidding hun, I know you wanted one before we even went to AZ. 

 Scott was pulling the "I'll show you how to shoot" so that he could flirt with his wife....oldest trick in the book.  ;)

 Messing around in the garage....



We also went to play pickleball, a Tew family favorite, as well as tennis, an anyone that's cool's favorite. :)  Thank you, Nana for tending so that we could play!

As for the feast itself, once again, it was fantastic!  S and K did a good job of delegating, I thought.  Everyone made something to contribute and it all tasted great.   


The day after Thanksgiving, we went out to eat at a cheap and yummy Mexican place that I have kept thinking about since we dined there.  It was ghetto but so good at the same time! Now I keep thinking that there must be some hole-in-the-wall, top secret, delicious and cheap Mexican food place like that here in San Antone.  I just need to search it out now. 

We opened some early Christmas gifts after our feast.  One of Jax's favorite was the big wooden truck made by papa.  It used to be Mark's, which is neat.  Thank you very much Papa and Nana for ALL of the wonderful gifts! 


I love Thanksgiving time!  It really is good to have a Holiday to focus on all of our many blessings.  We feel particularly blessed this year for our dear ones--family and friends, a living prophet, and our Savior Jesus Christ


Once again, THANK YOU to Scott and Kelsey!!!  Fabulous!!!
Until the next big party, Tews! 

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

I love the cute little truck... and your "shooting" stance! :)