12.24.2012

Christmas Eve on the Beach


 Mom and I were in charge of Christmas Eve dinner.  It was so much fun to be joined up with her on this because she has great ideas and gets really excited about it!  We talked about the dinner and what we should have I don't know how many times before and during the vacation.  It ended up turning out wonderfully!  On the menu: Creamy dutch oven potatoes (nice job Gpa Ed!), grilled teriyaki chicken and shrimp (nice job Handsome Mark!), garlic bread, cooked veggie mix, and "spiked" with Sprite POG to drink.  I hope I'm not forgetting something.

The best part of the meal was something Mom talked about for MONTHS before the vacation.  I had to tease her about it because she brought it up so many times to me on the phone before the trip.  However, I had to eat my words after eating this dessert.  It was better than she even talked it up to be!  Always remember "MOTHER knows BEST."  :)  Get a load of this--Ooey gooey double chocolate brownie topped with peppermint ice cream, homemade chocolate sauce, real whip cream, and shaved candy canes.  Boom Baby! 

 Feel free to contact me if you'd like to get this same towel on the head look.  I will help you out. ;)
I had everyone in the family do an open mouth full of whip cream.  Every body did it!  Us Coles...we're such party animals. ha ha ;)


 I already wrote about one of my top moments being boogie boarding with the sibs all at the same time.  I just thought I'd give it Honorable Mention one more time.


It was just THE BEST spending Christmas Eve at the beach.  Ugh!  Everything about it was just perfect and so different from any Christmas Eve we've had.  My one complaint would be that it seemed like the day slipped by a little bit too fast.  :)  


No comments: