12.14.2012

My Favorite Hawaii Moments

Some of my personal favorite moments from our trip to Hawaii:

1.  Boogie-boarding with all of my sibs at the same time.  We have such a great time together!  Greg was awarding score points for both ride quality and "style" as he put it.  :)  We were making up names for our 'style' points like they did at the surfing competition (which was also off the hook!).  Boogie-boarding is always one of my favorite Hawaii activities but it was particularly fun this time to be with my siblings.  Shout out to Kimi for boogie-ing with the prego-belly.  So hard core.   

2.  Singing "Oh, the Zebra and the Burro Can Be Friends" with Benji on the ride from Kona to Hilo.  So we randomly saw a zebra and a donkey together in a pen and Benj randomly breaks out this new song to the tune of Farmer and the Cowman from Oklahoma.  Ok, let's face it, everyone likes to pretend like they're 11 years old again sometimes (right?).  I was on a roll.  It was driving Mark and everyone else in our car a little crazy...ha ha.  Both of us sang and talked so annoyingly.  Benji and I thought we were so funny but no one else in the van seemed to think we were that funny...hmm...  I guess there's where the 11 years old thing comes in to play again.  The song also reminded us of our Children's sociable days.  I sang "The Farmer and the Cowman Should be Friends" with Heath and Scott one year.  Good, good, times.  And let's not forget Benji's munchkin hairdo when we did The Wizard of Oz...classic!  I wish I had a picture of that to put it into the blog!  Our van was definitely the party van but we did have a few issues with it.  The men had to stop a few times and take a look at it. 

3.  Going Parasailing with the Love of My Life!  (sigh)  It was really cool to be floating up there overlooking the ocean, mountains, seeing the temple from up there, etc.  Geo even saw a whale breach when he was up there.  It was my first time Parasailing and I would highly recommend it.  You'd think it would be jerky and windy up there but it's not. 
I like this pic because you can see Mark in my glasses. Artsy, eh?
 
4.  When the guy who was a little too serious about his job hooked up Kimi's life saving fanny pack before we went on our helicopter volcano tour.  There were even children in the group and she was the only one who got "help" from the dude.  ha ha.  We were laughing pretty hard about it.  The helicopter tour itself was AWESOME.  I'm so glad I did it!  I was stoked to find out that my assigned seat was in the front center right by the pilot!!!  It made my day. I took about a billion pics of when we were up in the air but the pictures just don't do it justice.  It was 500 times better in real life.  Moral of the story: There's only so much you can capture on camera and life is always better when you're living it in the moment, up close, and personal. 
5. Playing "Name the Moment on the Trip" charades and Christmas Song Pictionary at Kimi's house.  There  were many funny moments acted out by some stellar actors. :)  Our favorite was mom acting out the hippopotamus for Christmas. We all laughed and laughed.

6.  Watching this little cutie have the time of his life playing in the sand!  Jax seriously could have spent all day every day at the beach, just like his daddy!  I threw in a few bonus pics of him with uncle Benj and cousin Austin.  It was great for the fam to get to know Jax a little bit better.  He loved all of the attention.  :)
7.  When we walked into our cabin at Kona and Benji and Chris were going all out doing the hula shirtless to extremely loud Hawaiian music on the radio welcoming us into our shared house. I couldn't stop laughing!  If you ask me, my brothers are the funniest guys on the face of the planet.  There were so many times when we all were just laughing so hard!

8.  Hearing "O Holy Night" sung live at the PCC on the canoe ride and listening to the choir sing in the Christmas program at church.  The spirit really touched me both of those times.  I love how Polys can sing like it ain't no thang.  The music in church was amazing!  Do you think if I adopted a Poly kid that he/she would be able to sing awesomely or is it more in the culture?  Nurture vs Nature.....it's been a debate forever, eh?  


I have so much more Hawaii stuff to post about!  I'll have to stop here for now.  There were many, many great times!  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

Love this post. Love it. Love it. I think its my favorite. Maybe because I'm remembering these moments and laughing my head off. Wish I could have heard the burro song. ha!

And of course you can have a poly singer! He/she can have the nature from the "poly" gene and the nuture from those scale things that Alicen taught you. I know you still practice them.