THANK YOU CHRIS, GRAMMY, and GRANDPA for coming to visit! We had the best time with you!
The 8 Greats (Not in any particular order):
1. Visiting Natural Bridge Caverns (see cute pic of uncle Chris and Jax above). So, I thought this could be a tourist-trap (overpriced and under-awesomeness) but it definitely exceeded my expectations! It was really cool to see Texas' largest underground cave chain.
2. Wildlife Animal Park. This really was wild! Jax loved throwing the food out the window for the animals. You drive through the park and the animals are all roaming free without any fences or anything separating them from you. At first we were kind of all thinking that it was just okay but after seeing the zebras and ostriches (AND feeding the goats--thanks to Gpa Ed, the Goat Man Himself), we were satisfied with the place! (note to self: add video of ostrich)
3. The Lesser-Known Missions of San Antonio. A sort-of replica of Kimi gave us the tour. Tiny. Red-headed. Always wears a Park Ranger hat. (jk Gibbs. Love ya! But I think you should be her for Halloween!) Anyway, this lady LOVED her job and was very animated throughout the tour. ;) We learned some interesting little facts about San Antonio's history and I stepped in to the church for a minute while the Mariachi Mass was going on! Don't worry about me....Just one step closer to being even more hard-core of a Texan than I already was. sniff. ;)
4. Eating at some fantastic restaurants. My personal favorites-- The Gristmill in Gruene, La Hacienda (dad's Chile Rellenos were the bomb-diggity), and Papolis Greek food place at the Forum.
5. Nature walk at Salado Creek Trails and roaming around the little shops at Las Patios. We enjoyed the natural beauties on a nice paved sidewalk, great for the stroller. I think mom could have stayed on the trail for a few more hours but we had to get going. Next time, mom!
6. Supporting our retired neighbor, Tom, in his antique car show before playing some Volleyball at the stake center. Even though we see his car every day right next door, it was kind of fun to see Tom in his element with all of this car buddies. We have to laugh that both of our neighbors are really into their cars, cleaning, "fixing" aka adding more fancy things to their cars daily. I'm sure they laugh at us when I put on the wipers and push the water button yet again so that I can see to drive instead of washing the car since it hasn't been done in weeks. To each his own.
Stake volleyball has been a fun Friday night activity for the past few weeks. It's something both Mark and I enjoy and it makes for an easy date night. Since Mark was working crazy hours, Chris joined me on this particular week. Good addition to the team! :) The grandparents switched off running crazy with Jax so that we could play. Gracias mama y papa.
Here's one of Chris...nice save, man!
Here's one of me. Not my highest jump of the night, but you get the picture.

Here's one of Chris...nice save, man!
Here's one of me. Not my highest jump of the night, but you get the picture.
ha ha! This is how we feel like we look when we're playing. It may be exaggerated just a bit. I should have gotten some real pics of us playing, though.
7. USU party. Complete with Rootbeer and a 7-layer bean tray. Go Aggies. There is a back-story to this one. Mom had a missionary-moment at Wally World when we were shopping for ingredients. Way to go, mom! The lady was planning to go to Utah and Mom invited her to see all of the cool church sites downtown and told her a little bit about the church doctrine.
Every. member. a missionary! We are proud of mom for being such a friendly, approachable gal.

7. USU party. Complete with Rootbeer and a 7-layer bean tray. Go Aggies. There is a back-story to this one. Mom had a missionary-moment at Wally World when we were shopping for ingredients. Way to go, mom! The lady was planning to go to Utah and Mom invited her to see all of the cool church sites downtown and told her a little bit about the church doctrine.
Every. member. a missionary! We are proud of mom for being such a friendly, approachable gal.
8. TIME. I always love the little things like when we're just hanging out chatting, when Jax sees them and says "gapa! gammy! and ckiss!" I also like going to church with my family. I don't know exactly why but I just like it.
Thanks again, fam!!! Come back soon, there's much more to do, eat, and see!







1 comment:
I am SO glad you found me a Halloween costume! Worry off my mind. :) Maybe you could be the mariachi band or something.
Love the vacation recap. Miss you!
Post a Comment