Pearl Harbor has a special feel to it. We both enjoyed learning more about the details surrounding what happened here. We enjoyed the museums, the documentary, and touring out on the main site. Mark particularly enjoyed looking at all of the "military stuff." Visiting Pearl Harbor reminded us of how blessed we are and how thankful we are for our military and their families.
This picture is funnier than it seems. I wanted to get a pic of both of us without taking it ourselves, so naturally I asked a kind looking tourist to take a picture for us. :) It just so happened to be an Asian one and she couldn't understand a word I said and I couldn't understand her either. I just handed her the camera and she was talking away in gibberish. Meanwhile, Mark is shaking his head over and over. It took her at least a few minutes to take this one picture. You know when time seems to be going strangely slow during awkward moments? Yeah, it felt like we were standing there smiling for about 10 minutes while she was saying all sorts of stuff. She finally gave the camera back and I looked at the picture and gave her a thumbs up. Then Mark said to me "from now on, I will be the one to ask people to take our picture." ha ha! I don't blame him.
No comments:
Post a Comment