9.30.2008

Service Project



We went to Houma, LA with about 20 people from our ward to help with some hurricane damage clean up last weekend. Mainly we did yard/tree removal stuff. It was pretty amazing to see the damage. I couldn't really figure out why people would still live there after having several hurricanes...?


Mark enjoyed using the chain saw...Men and their power tools :) I mainly drug the branches into a big pile in the front of the yards. We camped out in tents on a lawn at a church. What a weekend!

It was a neat experience. There ended up being about 1,400 members volunteering from many cities!

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Your awesome Lacey, I am glad ot hear you and your hubby went to help out. Those people need all the help they can get! God will bless you for that- for sure.
I totally understand the "guys and power tools" thing, I'm also married to a guy who thinks they are "toys" go figure!

Sharon said...

That is really neat that you were able to go help. What a great experience for you guys!

Kimberli said...

What a great experience! I liked seeing the pics too. I'm sure you were a big help... plus you got a yellow "helping hands" shirt. I love those!