6.12.2008

"I Like to Ride my Bicycle"


So I rode one of our bikes up to campus today. I about died trying to pedal that thing up the hill to campus!!! I ended up walking my bike up the hill then I tried to get back on at the top on a not so steep place. I couldn't get going! I tried like three times but it was still too steep. I was on my bike trying to petal but not going anywhere. I felt like I was about six years old trying to learn to ride a bike and balance again. Naturally, I looked around, hoping no one saw me because I looked like a complete dork. There happened to be another biker person not far from me down the hill pedaling as if it was no big deal. My bad vision came to benefit me at the moment because I couldn't see the person well enough to decide if I knew the person or not. I still felt really dorky. I walked my bike up about ten feet further and got on again. I don't know if it was my embarrassment, my legs, or the flat slope that actually got me going, nevertheless, I rode the rest of the way to the TSC. It was pretty funny. Hopefully the ride down won't be so bad! :)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That story was so funny! I can only imagine... that hill up to campus is so steep!

Kimberli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberli said...

First of all... love the 4th of July flair on the blog. Very cute!

Second, I laughed and laughed at both the story and the graphic. Let's remember how winded I was when I WALKED up that hill... I'm impressed you even tried to ride up! P.S. I need to see a picture of your new "stolen" bikes. :)

P.S.S. I had to delete my comment the first time... I don't think I used correct English and I need to keep mom proud. I'm still not sure its correct, but whatever...

Sharon said...

That is really funny...I agree with Kimi, I could barely make it up that hill walking. I remember Ben and I walking to campus from where we lived when we were first married (the same place Greg and Lindsay lived when they were first married, about 4oo W 950 N) and we about DIED when we got to the top of the hill, it was pretty funny...We only did it once!

p.s. I am coming to Utah June 24 through July 8. Are you going to be in Grantsville for the 4th? It would be fun to see you!