4.14.2008

So much to do...so little time :)

It was so nice to have all of last week off of work and school! It was the public school's spring break. That meant spring break number TWO for me since I work at the Elementary school and learn from the Elementary school teachers. I had made a list of at least five projects that I wanted to do with all my spare time. My intentions were to get most, if not all,the projects completed.

The first project was to do my taxes. Check. The second project was to write out all of our thank you postcards. not check. It took A LOT longer than I thought! I barely got done with the project today!!! I'm glad we were so fortunate to get so many gifts for our wedding....and I'm glad I'm FINALLY done writing out all the thank yous!

Hopefully now I can continue on down my list. Next, I will paint some shadow boxes and decorate a little more in our cozy abode. I am also currently doing a project at work where I help make take home book kits encouraging parent involvement with reading. With a few books in each packet, my job is to come up with something creative such as a game, puppet show, or other activity that the parents can do with their child after reading the books that encourages learning. I've been testing them out on the Kindergarteners that I tutor and so far they have been pretty fun, I think!

There's a recap of a week in the life of Lacey :)

P.S. We are now counting down the days to Mark's graduation!!! 18 days....and counting! GOOD JOB MARK!


1 comment:

Sharon said...

I remember writing Thank you cards....not fun! I didn't realize you were going to be a teacher Lacey, that is really cool!