1. Gymnastics
A local place here does open gym for kids three days a week. Luckily, babies under 18 months are free so we've visited a few times. It's amazing how much more brave Jax is now than when we went for the first time just a few weeks ago. He now loves the jump houses (he used to be really nervous when I stuck him in there), he runs across the long trampoline really fast with no fear, and he climbs on all of the big toys with glee. Today he even tried to pull his feet up as he hung on the bars and rings! Gold medal, if you ask me. ;) He's always exhausted afterward from running around and playing so hard. Time for a good long nap.
2. Softball
Mark and I play on separate teams but the same night. I just officially started my season last week but have been filling in for people the past couple of weeks. I signed myself up for the summer league (June-July) but Mark has been playing pretty much since we moved here (almost a year ago...what???).
Mark plays in a work league; His team name is IMCOM.
Yes, my
team is the Scabs. When I first joined, I was like, "uh...is scabs an
acronym for something or what?" and another girl just smiled and said,
"nope, and the guy who arranged the team/our coach picked the name
without any input from us." Now, I just think it's funny and I try to
get the team to cheer for the Scabs with me but no one seems to join
me... ;)
According to wikipedia:
Scab may refer to:
Scab, a hard coating on the skin formed during the wound healing reconstruction phase
Scab, a strikebreaker, a person who works despite strike action or against the will of other employees
So, I lost my cleats in the move. I kept thinking I was going to find them somewhere but they just never showed up so I found some at the outlets and purchased them.
Check out these cleats...............
Now check out the price.........
But wait....they were 50% off of clearance! Yes, I bought them for five bucks! I was beaming all day long. I honestly couldn't stop smiling! Should awesome deal finding/shopping be considered a "sport" for the sake of this post?
Yes, #3. Shopping (I've got to see Mark's reaction when he reads this. ha!)
On to weightier matters,
#4: The NBA Finals
Our leisure time lately has been enjoying the NBA playoffs. Mark is a big fan of LeBron (I know there's haters out there....just hang in there with me). Let's face it. LeBron is good. Seriously good. Mark likes his high jumping, awesome passing, in-your-face dunking plays. The Heat are fun to watch--except when Bird Man is on the court. His ugly hair and tattoos just distract from everything else going on. Anywho, we've been cheering the Heat on even though they are top dawgs. I like the heat because my cousin, Norris Cole, plays for them. See any resemblance?
a) I like his hair.
b) We're related.
c) What's not to love?
Now......if you're not aware, the Heat are taking on the Spurs this Thursday night. I am definitely cheering for the Spurs. We live here. I'm jumping on the band wagon. Everyone's doing it. Plus, Grandma Margie has always loved Tim Duncan more than any other player out there. You go Grandma! Mark is cheering for the Heat. And Jax----he's with me. Period.
After finishing dinner last night, we both realized that we had discussed the big upcoming game and who we think will win if certain players show up and play a great game, etc. over a good portion of our dinner time. Both of us just laughed out loud. Are we becoming Shaq and Chuck? Ever discussing the great game of basketball and our opinions on outcomes of games? I guess so. Let it be known.






1 comment:
Ha!!! So many funny things in here!
Just a few comments:
1. Jax does deserve the gold!
2. Now that you brought it up, I'm thinking more about it... there is NO question that shopping is a sport and now I can tell people that I'm athletc! Fabulous!
3. I am so happy you found one of our relations!
4. Go Spurs Go!
5. Go Scabs Go!
Post a Comment