It was a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY this year. I love bragging about Mark because there's so much to brag about! :) It's not being vain and prideful if you brag about your husband, right?
This guy is such a fabulous dad. It's been amazing seeing the way Mark has grown and changed even since we first got married. Sometimes I tease him about his little quirks and our differences in our thought-process but when it comes down to it, this guy is just perfect for me. I appreciate the way he truly wants to be a better person, accomplish goals, and learn new things every day. His drive and motivation help me to be a better person myself. He is generally a pretty patient dude (except when it comes to red lights when no one else is there to go the other way. Pure frustration. hee. hee). I feel like he has taken on the joys and challenges of being the patriarch of our family seriously and responsibly. Even though it's not easy to provide for us, he does it without complaint, which I am grateful for. Mark truly helps me feel safe and grounded.
Jax loves to rough-house with his daddy. I guess it just comes more natural to dads to wrestle and tickle your kid until they laugh their head off and then start to cry from things getting a little too crazy. :) Mark has taught Jax how to do a somersault (he's still working on it but he does the "downward dog" pose when Mark asks to do a somersault). Jax loves to sit in the truck with his dad and runs out to greet him when he gets home from work. "Da da!!! cuck!!! (truck)" Mark has also taught Jax how to kneel down and fold his hands together for family prayer before bed each night. I know Jax watches his dad intently and he will learn all sorts of great skills from Mark. "Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... " I couldn't help it. Good ol' Napoleon Dynamite. But truly Mark does have great handy-man skills. Sometimes I wonder if he should have done Engineering for his Major :)
We enjoyed some German Pancakes for breakfast, as requested by DAD on his special day. Then we opened gifts. I know I get more excited about giving Mark gifts for holidays than he does about opening them but I just couldn't wait until after church. :) This year, the main Father's Day gift was a tray to go on the grill so that we can roast veggies, potatoes, etc. and they won't fall through the grate. He has been wanting this for a little while, so I think this was a good gift. I also gave him a nice big towel because ours are getting old. He says it's just "okay." 1 out of 2 on my gift-giving. I guess no one is perfect. ;)
Now, I was a gift-slacker for the BIG 30th Birthday this year. I didn't really get Mark a gift because I've been shopping around for something specific for quite a while. I finally just broke down and bought them, even though they seemed sort of pricey to me. You only turn 30 once, right? They came via UPS several days before Father's Day so I decided to wait and have him open this gift with the others. More exciting, right? Except for the fact that Mark is a hard man for me to surprise. He is very conscientious (is that how you spell that?) about our credit card statement. He saw what I had ordered and kept following up with me about if they had arrived yet. "On Amazon, it said it should have arrived yesterday. Have you called them?" Ha! Responsible to a fault, people! I'm not that great of a liar, especially when the hubby puts the pressure on. I kept saying "not sure...hmmm...I don't know" but he kept pressing the next day so I finally said, "I'm trying to surprise you here....could you quit following up with me?" :)
ANYWAY, this wasn't a surprise but fun to open none-the-less..... We now have four PICKLEBALL PADDLES and a dozen balls! Woot woot! If you don't know what pickleball is, just ask someone that's over 60 years old. :)
It's more of a "senior" sport but we usually play it when we go to St. George and have really liked it. It's sort of a mix between tennis and ping-pong. Anyway, it's tons of fun and as my old tennis coach would say, "this is a perfect sport because it's a LIFETIME SPORT" There you have it.
___________________________________________________________________
Church was lovely and Mark got a Twix candy bar as a little Father's Day gift. We enjoyed delicious BBQ ribs with grilled potatoes for dinner. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MARK!
I also need to do a shout-out to the other exemplary fathers in our lives. We love and appreciate your example! Happy Father's Day to Grandpa Grant, Grandpa Merle, Papa, Grampy Ed, uncles, cousins, and our siblings/in-laws!!!! Also, thanks to our good friends both here and in the great places we've moved from! We truly appreciate you and the positive influence you've had on us.
My sister shared this video link with me from mormon.org and I just love it! It's perfect for Father's Day. Please ENJOY!



1 comment:
I meant to comment on this a long time ago, but I just wanted to say I love the "old people" pictures! ha! Guess I need to learn some pickleball to prepare for the upcoming years.
Happy Father's Day, Mark!
Post a Comment