1. Date Night
Iron Man is brilliant, funny, witty, and loves technology, which makes him our family's favorite super hero. :) Mark and I went to Iron Man 3 together for date night recently. It was action-packed and had a little romance too, which suits both of our fancies.
After the movie, we went to one of our favorite burger chains, Red Robin. I tried the Bleu Cheese somethin' or other Burger. It was good for a change but I don't think I'd order it again. I guess I'm not a huge bleu cheese fan (Sorry, Dad. I know you love it!). One of our favorite things about Red Robin is their endless fries with campfire sauce. Our friend told us about their campfire sauce a few years ago and our lives have never been the same since. :)
Thank you to the Reams Family for babysitting for us! We're sure Jax enjoys our dates as much as we do (if not more) because he could care less if we leave or when we get back since he gets to play with the fun kids for a few hours! Win-Win.
2. Sea World-- I've been taking Jax to Sea World before our year pass runs out next month. This time, we did the toddler water area and he met some fun Sesame Street characters!
Jax could play with water all day every day, I think. He loves when I
turn the hose on to water the garden and flower pots. These miniature
fountains really put a big smile on his face. He is also a friendly kid
and enjoys playing with any kid who will pay attention to him (or try
to avoid him). ha! He kept trying to get into his "friend's" stroller
to have some of their snacks. I guess the ones I brought weren't quite
exciting enough. :)
Jax has never seen Sesame Street before but that didn't stop him from wanting to meet the characters up close! He loved touching Bert and Ernie's noses and the Cookie Monster's eyes. :)
3. Highlight-- I know I have put a picture like this on the blog several times but I feel like it's such a part of our daily life (and I have two of the most handsome guys in the world) that I'm posting yet another Daddy/Son Truck Picture....
It's the highlight of both of our days when dad gets home from work. Jax gets super excited when daddy comes home in the green truck ("cuck...cuck...cuck...cuck"). He loves to meet him out in the driveway and "drive" on the steering wheel for a bit. Mark even puts him in the truck bed to play for a bit sometimes when he's working in the yard. We certainly have a vehicle-loving boy on our hands!
4. Library Time--Jax has almost outgrown the baby story and play time and the library so I thought I should put a little picture in to remember these good days. His favorite part is when we go in the big room and play with all sorts of new-to-us toys with all of the other babies. I like it too because I can socialize with other moms. These days, he'd rather stay out and play with the wooden train set that they have glued down to a small table instead of joining the other babies for singing time. ;) He's the one in the bright green shirt. fyi.
5. Memorial Day BBQ--Last night we went to the Fielden's house for burgers and the fixins. It was a nice evening. The adults just ate and chatted and the kiddos played to their heart's content. I decided to take my favorite chip/cracker dip from Our Best Bites website. Mmmm....mmmm. Highly recommended. :)
Nice end to our fun weekend with Scott and Kelsey visiting!!! (more on that later)
5. Memorial Day BBQ--Last night we went to the Fielden's house for burgers and the fixins. It was a nice evening. The adults just ate and chatted and the kiddos played to their heart's content. I decided to take my favorite chip/cracker dip from Our Best Bites website. Mmmm....mmmm. Highly recommended. :)
Nice end to our fun weekend with Scott and Kelsey visiting!!! (more on that later)





No comments:
Post a Comment