Mother's Day this year was such a pleasant and relaxing day. Mark was very sweet to go all out and pamper me. He made me some delicious pancakes complete with buttermilk caramel syrup for breakfast. We just hung out and chilled together, which I love to do. I even took a nap before church!!! He surprised me with these beautiful flowers the day before and they bloomed right on time. Mark also surprised me by making me a necklace holder that is now hung up in our closet. It was something I've wanted for a little while now and it was very sweet of him to make and put it up for me. After a delightful church, we went all out with steak and potatoes for dinner. I extremely very rarely buy steak at the store because it's so expensive but it was absolutely mouth-wateringly good! So, we'll probably have it again for Father's Day, since Mark has already requested it. :) That evening, we enjoyed some banana splits with some friends. What a nice day!
I feel sort of hypocritical for enjoying Mothers Day as much as I do now because there were several years that I absolutely hated it. But, I am so grateful to be able to be a mother. It is a dream come true. I'm also grateful to Jax's birth mother and birth grandmother for their charity. It makes me cry just thinking about what a miracle our adoption is and was.
I'm also thankful for the good women in my life who are such exemplary mothers and women. I feel like I was given the best mom in the world. Sincerely. I'm thankful to my mother-in-law for her care and love for us. I am deeply grateful for my sister and sister-in-laws who are an inspiration to me. I love to think about our dear grandmothers, some who have passed on, and one who is still here but just not quite herself anymore. Those dear, dear women. I'm also thankful to wonderful friends who honor motherhood. The power of women is truly miraculous.
Happy Mother's Day to women everywhere!
1 comment:
Hey, wait a minute...blog posts aren't supposed to make me teary! You have a great perspective on motherhood. I saw this quote the other day "the struggle is part of the story" -- true, ya? And your struggles have been hard, but refining. I think you are the coolest sister ever. Love ya! Happy Mother's Day.
P.S. Nice job to Mark on the flowers... gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment