8.24.2012
Fruity Surprise
We've been doing the Bountiful Baskets program for several weeks now and we've enjoyed it. We like the surprise factor of it and the produce has been good quality too. We came across a surprise fruit in our last basket! It looks like a cantaloupe on the outside. When I cut into it, I just thought it was very under-ripe but then I tasted it and no....it was sweet and delicious! We kept going back and forth. Is it a honeydew? Is it an albino cantaloupe? Or is it something else????
It turned out that wikipedia saved the day (and the little sticker that was on the melon--ha ha). Yep, it IS something else. A Galia. They are delicious! The cantaloupe and honeydew got married and this is their offspring. If you ask us, it's better than a cantaloupe or a honeydew. But then again, I think it was perfectly ripe and when you get practically ANY fruit (except papaya) in its prime perfectly ripe and that sweet juicy flesh bursts in your mouth, you think in your mind that it must be the best fruit in the world. At least that's what I do. This now makes our list of absolutely delicious (and a bit surprising) fruits. You should try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love the disclaimer about papaya. ha! (totally agree though!)
Post a Comment