1.24.2012

Food, Smiles, and Bumbo

One of my goals for this year is to embrace dinner time and try a new dish each week.  It's been fun to experiment with new recipes and try different cuisines.  I decided try making Black Beans and Rice with Chicken and Apple Salsa.  I thought it was tasty and very different!  I found it here.  I liked that it was a change from our usual.  We went to a Jamaican restaurant once and it reminded us a lot of what we ate there.  Just for the record, I adore cilantro.  I didn't grow up eating much cilantro, but over the past few years, I have started using it a lot.  The unique taste and the fresh smell just can't be beat.  I love it with practically any Mexican dish.  It added an interesting kick to this "apple salsa."
  Our little guy is now starting to smile.  It just melts our hearts.  :)  He is starting to be more and more alert every day.  He's getting pretty good with holding his head up and looking around so we decided to try out the Bumbo chair for a few minutes.  (Thanks Mike and Heidi!!!)  He's still a bit too little for it but he did pretty well.  Jax also loves bath time and kicks like crazy!  We feel so blessed to have this cute little guy. 

1 comment:

Brandon and Danna said...

His smile is adorable. You guys are so lucky!