3.15.2010

Why Not?

One of my hobbies is celebrating holidays that aren't really holidays. If there's a reason to celebrate, I ask, why not? Pi day (3-14) happened to be yesterday and we had some delicious coconut cream pie with our friends, the McCrakens. It was my first attempt at homemade pie crust. I would say it turned out pretty darn good. How could it not turn out good with 2 and a half sticks of butter in the recipe? Mark about puked when he saw how much butter I was using, but you only live once, ha ha! We also used real whip cream, yeah. real. That stuff is so good, I think I could eat a whole bowl of it by itself. I would say pi day is probably kind of a nerdy holiday, but if it gives you a chance to eat delectable home made pie, be a nerd for a day! Happy Pi Day to all you nerd alerts out there! Next year, I think I will try and make a pie that looks like this sweetness....
We also celebrated National Pancake Day when I was in Utah in February. I learned about this little hidden treasure of a holiday last year when we lived in Texar. IHOP gives out free pancakes, which we participated in last year. There wasn't an IHOP for miles around (get on that G-town! build an IHOP so that the citizens can enjoy National Pancake Day), this year we made our own. Since Benj will be leaving to Peru soon (tear drop), I conjured up a llama pancake. Yes, you read correctly, a llama; dedicated to Benji, Peru, and Cuzco, one of my favorite llamas who stars on the hit movie The Emperor's New Groove.
Llama Chef, Lacey AKA Paige Davis (new nick-name made up by the sibs)Elder Cole himself with the Cuzco look-alike.
Good luck Benji!!!!! Gonna miss ya!

3 comments:

Brandon and Danna said...

You're so much fun! Hey, Cute hair!
We miss you guys. Brandon had a blast getting to spend time with you two a few weeks ago.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the fun ideas. We have just started to get into these fun little holidays at the Anderson house too! Love them AND love you. ;) Super cute hair. Have you ever had it that short before? Love it-

Suzanne said...

Victoria just told me about this holiday today and here you go blogging about it. We did eat pie yesterday for Brad's dad's b-day though, so I guess that counts. Glad to see the Tew's are good, we miss ya'll!!