

Happy Happy Birthday, Mark Dear!
Happy days will come to you all year.
If I had one wish then it would be
a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me!


We are lucky to celebrate our birthdays five days apart! We love celebrating them together because it sort of feels like we both get double celebrations, double yummy breakfasts, double treats, and double going out to eat. For Mark's day, we began with sleeping in since he had the day off. I love sleeping in. I made german pancakes and omelets for breakfast. mmmmm. I couldn't wait any longer, so I had Mark open some of his gifts right after breakfast. (I wonder who enjoys Mark's birthday more...him or I??? Probably me :) He opened up some shirt clips for french cuffs and a "mission letter" journal that I compiled for him.

We spent most of the day in Topeka picking up some furniture and having birthday lunch at Red Robin, one of our favorites due to the endless delicious french fries. Mark also bought a nice indoor basketball and some grilling tools while we were out and about.

We came home to set up our new stuff (pictures coming soon) and Mark finished opening his gifts (Cinderella Man DVD and best of Steven R. Covey books on CD. exciting? yes). We made a little trip to Baskin Robins for our birthday treat of the hour. We are birthday clubbin' foos, which is another plus of having birthdays within a week of each other. We BOTH get to enjoy free ice creams at the same time! Mark finished off his day by blowing out ALL 27 candles on his brownie with german chocolate frosting cake. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you both...that's cool you get to celebrate so close to each others day! Hope all is well. Looks like you guys are doing wonderful!
Enjoyed hearing of your birthday celebrations and I loved the pictures. Its the closest thing to being there, right???
You tew look soo happy, that makes me soooo happy.
Post a Comment