FIELD TRIP!!!
The other day I went with the 3rd graders to the lovely.....Seussical the Musical! The children were well behavied and we only had a couple kiddos fall asleep. I couldn't figure out how in the heck they could fall asleep with the rather annoying and loud music blasting in the background but hey, at least the children were quiet, right?
This was my second time seeing Seussical. I think two times will be enough for the next fifty years or so. I would have to say that Dr. Seuss is a genius but the play just doesn't do him justice! Horton Hears a Who is a wonderful book but the musical.....yikes.
The nice (or not nice) thing about children is they will always tell you what they think. (we had one today say, "Oh! I know what wrinkles are... Mrs. So and so has them all over her face, right?) Anyway, the children thought the play itself was "lame" or "okay." They were glad to get out of the school and go on a field trip and I was too :)
3 comments:
Cole really wanted to go to that. His school went while we were in Jamaica. I told him that Jamaica was way more fun than the play and he agreed.
Ha, ha, ha! I can't believe you're good for 50 years!!! You can't say "Notice me Horton" didn't leave you a little teary-eyed. :)
One thing is for sure, field trips are the greatest!
I saw that musical once....I totally agree with you! I have no desire to see it again for a while. haha =) glad to hear that you are enjoying your student teaching though.
Post a Comment