8.07.2013

Summer Fun in Utah

As always, we had a wonderful time visiting family in Utah on our summer vacation.  I have lots of pictures and we did so many fun things that I'm tempted to not even journal anything and just post five-hundred and fifty-nine photos.  :)
     
Some of my favorite times when we visit are the simple little pleasures and spontaneous things that just happen.  I found Jax riding on the "tractor" with Grandpa one morning.  Pure delight.
He also enjoyed Grammy teaching him about the proper way to eat olives.  I can't remember feeding Jax olives before so I'm pretty sure this was his first time.  {Mark despises olives and I don't care enough to buy them}  Nothing beats the ten olive fingers!
We dropped in to Aunt Vicky's and Kelli's houses to see all of their cute decorating/painting/gardening ideas.  Jax was having a ball with the boys and Mark and I even took a ride on the tandem bike.  Whoever has our name for Christmas, you now know what you can buy us. ;)
We went up to our old stomping grounds, Logan, for a fun-filled day.  I was supposed to go on a plane ride with Benj but the weather didn't cooperate so we went to the cruise-in and played Frisbee Golf with everyone else instead.  We were also able to visit our great friends, the Anderson Family and the Poulson Family!  It was amazing that our schedules overlapped and worked out to see our wonderful friends!  Now that the Andersons have moved back, we look forward to seeing them more often when we visit.  Both Mark and I were so surprised at how grown up the cute Poulson kiddos looked.  Those good kids!  
We love Cache Valley.  It has such a great feeling and it's so beautiful!  Go Aggies!
____________________________________________

Before heading up Provo canyon, we hit Seven Peaks with Benj, Chris, and Taish.  I wasn't nearly as nervous about the "huge water slides" as I remembered being so terrified of as a young buckeroo.  :)  Facing my fears daily, people. :)  Fun times!  I think the Boomerang ride with Benj was my favorite.  Long line but good thrill! There was the added bonus of seeing Chris' nervous face as he went down backwards right after us. ha! We had to tease him a little bit about it afterward.  
Benj also introduced us to the Pizza Place in Provo.  Three cheers for a yummy all-you-can-eat Pizza Buffet!
_________________________________________

We were happy to make (for the first time ever) the annual Sundance reunion with my Dad's fam.  Mark has never been to the cabin so we were glad it worked out this year!  We did our annual activities that we always look forward to--ride on the ski lift, tennis tourney, ping-pong, horseshoes, games, chatting, and continual snacking.  Thanks to Mark and his uncontested victory in the tennis tourney, we are adding a new rule next year prohibiting giants at the net.  ;)  We also added the annual family workout this year, which was a hoot.  Each person got to "lead" the aerobics class so we had a little warm up, the classic BYU Hooked on Aerobics, some Zumba, a little modge-podge of exercises, and Yoga.  Good workout, ya'll! 
 _________________________________________

 We hit a BEES Game while in the area, which is usually a family tradition closer to the 24th.  Thanks for being flexible for us, fam!  Baseball. Fireworks. Hot Dogs.  What's more American, right?  
___________________________________________

At one point, we dropped in to Aunt Sandy's place.  She had rented some big blow up bounce house/water slides for her grand kids.   It was great to join in the fun!  Jax loved the chaos.  Some of the "cool" adults joined in too.  Aunt Sandy and my Mom even went down the big slide in their clothes.  I wish I had a pic!  Way to go, you FUN and ADVENTUROUS grandmas!!!  It was wonderful to see Sharon, it had been a very long time!  I'm glad our visits overlapped a bit!   

___________________________________________________________

On to part 2...TEW FAMILY TIME!!!  Mark's gracious cousins allowed us to stay in their cabin near ZION National Park.  It was such a perfect place to host the reunion!!!  We really enjoyed staying there with the horseshoes, basketball courts, ping pong tables, pickle-ball/tennis courts close by, and the fun board games at the cabin.  My personal favorite part of this whole thing was going to Bryce National Park because I'd never been there before.  The more time we spent there the more shocked I was that I had never been because it is so pretty!!!  I think I took about 200 pictures of this place so enjoy.....


 AT LEAST half of my pictures of Bryce National Park are of these three cute boys.  This was the ONLY ONE where they are all looking at the camera at the same time! ha!


 Legendary Tew Brothers 2-on-2 Basketball Tourney ;)
We may as well make this an annual tradition!
 Field-trip to Zion National Park. 

 The Lovely Kitchen Crew

Great fun on the four-wheelers...before...
and after...


Bubbles: Fascinating at any age! 


THANK YOU, TEWS (especially Nana and Papa for the hours of planning and preparation) for the wonderful Family Reunion!!!!  'Til Next Time!

_________________________________________________

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a great time!!!!  All tuckered out...

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

YAY for posting! :) Fav pic is the one of you and Mark by that hole thing... cool!

And this was the first time I've heard about Cole exercises at Sundance. I think I'll watch "sit & be fit" to get some ideas when it's my turn to suggest.