1.02.2013

2013....whaaaa???

Did 2013 sort of sneak up on anyone else?  Every year in my journal I seem to write a post in January that starts with "Another year has flown by..."

We rang in the new year by staying at home--just the three of us.  It was nice!  Mark grilled steak and we had a delicious steak and potato dinner.  We then had a dance party with our favorite songs from high school/middle school searched on youtube.  I got a little distracted and we started off with a little One Direction.  I couldn't help myself.  By Mark's request, we did "Time of Your Life."  We then rocked out to a little Brittney Spears and NSYNC.  The music videos really had me laughing!  Were they really that cheesy when I thought they were so cool??  :)  I tried to get my hubby to participate in a "whoever does the best interpretive dance with Jax gets a prize" activity but I was the only one who participated. :( I guess I won the gold on that one--Jax was an airplane for most of the song ;)  Jax loves music and loves to bounce his head to the beat....the little cutie pattooty!

We played some games after the babe went to sleep.  The Newlywed game--hilarious.  We also played good ol' classic checkers.  I really stunk it up!  We had a lot of fun together.  Next year I need to drop something from my balcony like they do in NYC.  The canoe club (aka I'm a fit retired person who wants to chat and row on the ocean in Hawaii with other cool people like myself) drops a coconut at midnight New York time on New Year's eve.  I thought that sounded fun and creative.  I'll have to adapt it to fit my Texan needs for next year.  Let me know if you have any grand ideas.  

HERE'S TO ANOTHER WONDERFUL YEAR!  
MAY WE MAKE IT BETTER THAN THE LAST!    

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

Why are there no videos of the dance party? :)

Happy New Year!