3.01.2012

Nauvoo Trip


 In my opinion, every Mormon needs to experience Nauvoo.  We learned a lot there about life back in the day, gained a greater appreciation (and desire to know more about) the early Saints, and the spirit there is amazing!  The Nauvoo Temple is beautiful!!!  Those people just sacrificed so much to move out from their town that they had worked so hard to establish.  If you get the chance, GO!  :)  Now that we've been in the winter time, I want to go back again in the summer for the pageant and to just see everything again.  I thought the above picture was pretty cool with the Joseph and Hyrum silhouette and the sunset going over the Mississippi in the background. 
Mom--this pic is for you--THE POST OFFICE :)
  
Shoe Maker
 
 Carthage Jail (one of my most favorite places we toured---very powerful)
.
 
 Weaving...we were impressed with this. 
 Mark and I switched off so we could both go in the temple.  This pic was taken the day after, right before we headed back home.

Our little guy was such a trooper through it all.  He was an excellent travel buddy.  I thought his face was so funny and cute in this picture of him strapped in his car seat.  He does the "wide eyes" look a lot when I get the camera out. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish we could go to Nauvoo! Someday.....
Sophie used to do the 'wide-eyed' look for the camera too. haha. So cute!

Amber said...

Jax is so adorable!! Looking forward to meeting him in April.