We had Family Home Evening with Mark's home teaching family on Monday and we had an enjoyable night. We devoured some delicious carnita (a type of pork) sandwiches for dinner. We even tried some "pork skin" on the sandwiches for added flavor. I don't know if Mark liked it but I thought it was not too bad. They had some home made salsa (HOT salsa) to dip the sandwiches in. YUM but I think I'm becoming a wimp when it comes to spicy foods lately.....it's probably because all there is to eat down here is dang fried chicken. Just kiddin' love the fried chicken, potatoes, pickles, okra, biscuits, lettuce, and anything else you have in the fridge. HA HA.
Anyway that was a tangent and a half..... they speak Spanish (Mark included) so I was trying to pick out words most of the time to figure out what was going on. Sometimes I could kind of tell what the subject of conversation was but I couldn't tell what they were saying about it. It made me really want to learn the Espanol but my brain was about fried by the end of the night trying to pay attention so closely.


We played the flour game where you have to cut a piece of flour off the "cake" and whoever makes the button move has to get it with their teeth. I had almost forgot about that game! It was very fun! (even with the Language barrier :)
What a fun FHE!!!
Anyway that was a tangent and a half..... they speak Spanish (Mark included) so I was trying to pick out words most of the time to figure out what was going on. Sometimes I could kind of tell what the subject of conversation was but I couldn't tell what they were saying about it. It made me really want to learn the Espanol but my brain was about fried by the end of the night trying to pay attention so closely.
We played the flour game where you have to cut a piece of flour off the "cake" and whoever makes the button move has to get it with their teeth. I had almost forgot about that game! It was very fun! (even with the Language barrier :)
What a fun FHE!!!
3 comments:
Hey hey!! I loved your comments regarding the schools in Texas! It was fun to hear the differences!
I'd forgotten about that flour game, how fun! Sounds like Texas is a blast!
We'll have to play that flour game when we come to visit. We love new games. See you soon.
Post a Comment