My mom, the little man, and myself took a "humanitarian project" trip to paradise to help out my sister who was having surgery. Luckily, her surgery went well and she felt well enough to do some fun touristy things with us too. We were glad to help her out and have some girl awesomeness time together too. My mom is a very hard worker and she cleaned Kimi's house about 10 times in the short few days she was there. I don't know if I was as much help but it IS great to have a good role-model. :)
The highlights of the trip for us were:
Cousin time. Jax particularly seemed to enjoy Austin's driving cars down his face, over his lap, and crashing onto the couch from up high. It was also great to see Cole and Jax interact a bit. So funny!
Eating the best burgers and shrimp you can imagine.(Plus a "restaurant quality" meal made by ourselves on Sunday)
Taking Lucy to the BOOK FAIR.
Flash-back to being in 2nd Grade again doing flips on the bars at the park. Side story: this park was right by the beach, which was fantastic because after playing so hard, we threw rocks and did some R&R ocean style. One thing about Kimi--she's like my mom in this way--she gets her mind set on something and is determined to make it happen. Great quality. More things about Kimi--she's creative and loves to decorate. When you put that all together, she found some "crafting material" up in a coconut tree that she "needed." So I risked my life and good name on a PRIVATE PROPERTY fence to help her out in the name of crafting and cuteness. (See bottom right picture. Although you may find it rather attractive, it's not just a picture of my behind. There was actually a story to go along with it :)
Bonus Picture: Do you see Kimi in the background with her "I'm looking for crafting materials in the trees" face? Good thing her kids weren't running out into the deep blue. Kidding, sister, o creative one, I had to give you a hard time! ;)
{these pics don't match the above statement but I HAD to throw in a few extras randomly}
Seeing Lucy do the HULA at some fancy hotels on the beach while sipping pina coladas. Lu is a good little dancer! Who needs the PCC when you can see this doll do some serious shakin'??? Her buddy LuLu seemed to really enjoy the fries that we had at our table, so we saw a lot of her too.
Mom and Kimi's permi-smiles when they beat me for the first time in a basketball shooting contest. (I don't even know why I'm actually admitting to this on the www). They were probably happier after those moments than if they had won $10,000. :)
Getting a "golden" haircut and scoring on some great makeup.
We saw The Lorax for the first time. I'd give it 2 stars.
FRO-YO treat!
Teaching some neat-o tricks to the nieces (writing "Lucy" in cursive and gymnastics on the bars).
Ross shopping. It's tradition. Need I say more?
Beach time.
First taste of a "real" snow cone.
Our favorite tender, Uncle Geo. Thank you soooo much! Jax spent several hours with Uncle Geo and the boys so that the girls could shop.
Girl chatting time. This is always one of my favorite things. We could talk about nothing for hours and when we're together, we do.
As always, we ran out of time to do EVERYTHING we absolutely wanted to. Those last hours just whiz by. It was a wonderful trip! Thanks for getting sick, Kimi so that we could come and be with you! We miss and love you all.




2 comments:
So much to say...
FIRST... COME BACK TOMORROW!!! I miss you bad!
Second, why didn't I mention the basketball win?!? I still have the permi-smile.
Third, I think the game is "Scrambled States of America" and I distinctly remember beating you (the game after you got the big head for creaming all of us).
Fourth, what happened to the first pic of you catching a wave? And where was I to witness it first hand? :)
AND... (knew I'd forget something) I'll be sick anytime if it means a girly visit. THANK YOU for all the help!!!
Post a Comment