Moving (and everything that goes along with it) is sort of bitter sweet. It's sad to say goodbye to people that
you love but it's also fun to explore somewhere new and meet new friends. We
purchased a house and have been unpacking and attempting to get
settled. Unpacking isn't as fun as "moving." It's a lot of work and it
has helped us realize how much junk we have. I guess I should be more positive......We are having Christmas
in July/August! We've been unwrapping gifts to ourselves all wrapped the exact same-- in
brown boxes with packing tape! Ha! Honestly, it IS kind of exciting to see what's in the next box and then think to yourself "Oh good! Here's our whatever!" (or if you're me..."Oh I love this decoration! Wonder where it should go...") Everything has been out of a box for a little while but there are still things just sitting on the floor without
an official home in the house. I can't quite figure out why it takes so
long to get things in a good place. But we're getting there.
Maybe I relate to Elastigirl from Incredibles when she calls Mr. Incredible at work and says "We're offically moved in!" And he asks, "and the last two years don't count because.....?"
She replies, "Because I just unpacked the last box." :)
I guess I'm not the only one.
There I am on the far left....Sweet. I would say Mark makes a good Mr. Incredible since he IS incredible at fixing things around the house and unpacking. Violet and Dash don't really fit in our family but Little Jax makes a good Jack-Jack just because of his name.
Here's a taste of our "unpacking experience."
And what was "Jack-Jack" doing while we were unpacking? Well...
The before and after of tasting a big dirt-clod. Nice.
This is Mr. Incredible doing one of many projects. He's cutting off the curly-cues from the door. :)
He also painted Jax's room, sprayed for ants about 50 times so far, and continues to work on the sprinklers.
In this case, Elastigirl's pointer and thumb "L" does NOT stand for LOSER.
It means "LAST BOX!"
In it......a picture frame.
WHHHHEEWWW! We did it!

2 comments:
I love the boxed up Jax! So funny!
And I am impressed... way to go on finishing up the unpacking. Did you find yourself saying, "Why do we even have this stuff?" with about half of your boxes? Wait - that was my line. And now I think we can't live without it. :)
Yay! I'm glad that you're settled in. It is always fun to get into a new house, but the unpacking is the least fun until the decorating happens. Miss you guys. Jax is such a cute little guy. Love the teeth!
Post a Comment