6.23.2012

Father's Day



 On Father's Day, we were able to get together with my uncle John and his kids since they live in San Antonio too!  (Crazy how that worked out!)  I wanted to make the day special because it's Mark's 1st Official Father's Day.  We went to church and then had a big brunch complete with pancakes, whip cream, and fruit.  We also had eggs, sausage, Chocolate milk, and OJ (thanks John!).  We had great conversation with our visitors as it seemed like there was a lot to catch up on from life in general and to find out about the area as well.  They met and held the baby and we just hung out for a laid-back and nice afternoon.   

Mark opened his gifts that evening.  We spoiled him with a desk fan for work, a couple of ties, a lock for a "gym locker," and many new pictures for his office.  I'm now realizing that they are all work-related things but that's what was on his want list.  :)   For dinner, we had some yummy Greek Gyros.  Mark has been in to Greek food lately.  I'm still learning how to make it.

Mark is a fantastic father.  It has been a joy to watch him interact with Jax.  Mark is very good at getting Jax to laugh super hard.  I don't know if it's the tickling or the rough-play but I think it's adorable and we have several videos of it. :)  Mark is kind, helpful, caring, and a hard worker.  I love his ambitious spirit and how much he loves spending time with the family.  
YOU ARE A ROCK STAR, DADDY!!!!  HAPPY 1st!

No comments: